What is Electric Shock? What is its cause Current or Voltage?

ELECTRIC SHOCK



Electric shock is the much-known word to us. Let’s know What is electric shock.

Electric Shock is the convulsion of muscles with dangerous and painful physiological effect caused by the flow of current through the human or animal body.

When human or animal get an electric shock?

What is Electric Shock, When we get electric shock, What causes an electric shock Current or voltage ?
The person did not get shocked

When the human body comes into contact with the electric energy they will get an electric shock. In other words when an electric circuit short by the human body, the current will flow through the body then they get an electric shock. Lets it explain, when we are standing on the ground and if our body comes into contact with phase wire then the current flow through our body and goes to the ground. 




Which is the cause of electric Shock current or voltage?

Some people have confusion that which is the cause of electric Shock current or voltage, let’s know about it.  We know that when current flow through our body, we felling shock. From Ohm’s Law, we know that the flow of current depends upon the voltage and resistance. 
                                                                            I=V/R
Our body has some resistance which is fixed, so the flow of current through our body depends on the voltage only. So current will flow through our body if there is sufficient voltage. So the voltage or potential difference is the cause of electric shock.
What is Electric Shock, When we get electric shock, What causes an electric shock Current or voltage ?
The person gets shocked

In the case of AC, the frequency has an important role in electrical shock. It has been found by experiment that when the frequency of alternating current is very low the current above 200mA causes certain death with severe burns.


You should be taken following precaution to avoid electric shock:

1. Avoid water when working with electricity. Because moisture and water can conduct electricity.
2. Always work with insulated tools.
3. Always use insulated rubber gloves and goggles while working.
4. Never use damaged insulation or broken plugs.
5. Always turn off mains while working at your home.
6. Use circuit breakers or fuse in the electric circuit.

Treatment for Electric Shock:

1.  At first switch off the supply.
2. Then remove the person from the contact.
3. Treat the burns by using the proper ointment.
What is Electric Shock? What is its cause Current or Voltage? What is Electric Shock? What is its cause Current or Voltage? Reviewed by Author on 11:47 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.